sephirothOWA
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[Request] Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake Master Collection

Post by sephirothOWA »

Game Name: Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake Master Collection
Options Required: Health, Ammo, invisible until detected
Steam Website:

Other Info: I am not sure if the invisible until detected is possible in this version, there is a cheat in Retroarch that does that, if it is not that is fine.

Zekahn
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: [Request] Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake Master Collection

Post by Zekahn »

sephirothOWA wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:12 pm
Other Info: I am not sure if the invisible until detected is possible in this version, there is a cheat in Retroarch that does that, if it is not that is fine.
Just curious, where would I go to find the Retroarch cheat?

sephirothOWA
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by sephirothOWA »

Zekahn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:35 am
sephirothOWA wrote:
It comes with Retroarch, download Retroarch, open it, inside of it select online updater, then update cheats. To use the cheats launch the game inside Retroarch, I use the blueMSX core which can be downloaded inside Retroarch by selecting launch core, download a core, and then selecting it, while in game open the in game menu, on Xbox controller the default is the guide button, select cheats, Load cheat file, select the Microsoft MSX folder, then select Metal Gear 2 file. One other thing, you will need to modify it a bit for it to work, in the cheat list open the cheat by pressing A, change the memory address to A3C. Will need to change the other cheats in a similar way, for example if one's memory address is D4C6 need to change it to 4C6.

Blakeyboy90
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Blakeyboy90 »

sephirothOWA wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:03 pm
Zekahn wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:35 am
sephirothOWA wrote:
It comes with Retroarch, download Retroarch, open it, inside of it select online updater, then update cheats. To use the cheats launch the game inside Retroarch, I use the blueMSX core which can be downloaded inside Retroarch by selecting launch core, download a core, and then selecting it, while in game open the in game menu, on Xbox controller the default is the guide button, select cheats, Load cheat file, select the Microsoft MSX folder, then select Metal Gear 2 file. One other thing, you will need to modify it a bit for it to work, in the cheat list open the cheat by pressing A, change the memory address to A3C. Will need to change the other cheats in a similar way, for example if one's memory address is D4C6 need to change it to 4C6.

I'm pretty new to Retroarch, could you please explain how I open the game within Retroarch itself? Does the Master Collection provide generic ROMs to open? I assumed they just provided .exe's which I didn't think would work?

Yevon
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Yevon »

No you can't use master collection versions on retroarch, they need different versions of the game.
Retroarch is emulation tool to emulate different consoles so you need original roms to use with it