Hogwarts Legacy

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
jllllll
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Hogwarts Legacy

Post by jllllll »

For those just coming in and wanting to change talent points:
jllllll wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:00 am
Immediately after starting the game and loading a save, search for the string: Player0PerkPointsXX or Player0PerkPointsX
Replace X with your current number of talent points. Do not change the number of digits in your point total.
This has been the most consistent method for me.

I haven't verified this yet, but it seems that every time you spend or gain perk points an new entry matching the above is created. When starting the game fresh, there is only the one entry making the search easier.
Just to be clear. You absolutely can not change the number of digits in your talent point number! The game keeps track of how many digits there are and will only read the string to that point. If you have 9 talent points and change it to 15, then the game will only read that you have 1 point and ignore the 5. Keep in mind if you have 10 points, then you should change it to at least 11 before freezing the value. This is because once you spend a point the value will decrease to 9 before cheat engine tries to change it back to 10. The reason this is so finicky is because you are not just editing the game's memory. You are directly editing your save file! The game seems to keep and edit a save file in memory, presumably to autosave faster. You can open your save file in a hex editor and perform the same search as above with the same results. As a result, changing the number of digits in your talent points can and likely will corrupt your save eventually as others here have found out.

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

SenseiSatan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SenseiSatan »

Finally got the Talent points to work. Lets see if my save goes now that I changed them. I searched with Player0PerkPointsX found the correct address after changing one by one. Reloaded a clean save searched again and then changed only the one address that altered the points. I hope it was enough,

******Went back to previous save. Perk points were frozen even after I exited game and went back in. Maybe ill try once I hit 40

SenseiSatan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SenseiSatan »

When yall say don't change any of the digits for perk points and that it'll corrupt save I get that. But what am supposed to do check the address box? Trying to add points with out killing my first player through

SenseiSatan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SenseiSatan »

When yall say don't change any of the digits for perk points and that it'll corrupt save I get that. But what am supposed to do check the address box? Trying to add points with out killing my first player through

Jessen
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Jessen »

EphenSteve wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:25 am
Broom Boost is just a simple float.
script for this will probably need an update since they pushed the day 1 patch.

jllllll
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by jllllll »

SenseiSatan wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:04 pm
You can change the digits, just not how many there are. For example, if you have 4 points then don't change it to 10 or above. If you have 13 points, don't change it to 9 or below and also don't change it to 10 because if you spend a point it will decrease to 9 and mess things up. If you are worried about corrupting your save, then you should probably hold off on doing this. The number of points you are searching for needs to be unambiguous to guarantee that you don't mess up the save. For instance, if you have 10 points and your search finds Player0PerkPoints10, you may actually be looking at an older entry referring to 1 point with the 0 being filler data. In this case, changing that 0 may corrupt your save, so it is best to just change the 1.
Last edited by jllllll on Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortox14
Fearless Donors
Fearless Donors

Post by Vortox14 »

Jessen wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:49 pm
EphenSteve wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:25 am
Broom Boost is just a simple float.
script for this will probably need an update since they pushed the day 1 patch.
Script did brake with the launch/day 1 patch, to fix change line 11 from
aobscanmodule(infinitebroomsprint,HogwartsLegacy.exe,4E C1 A2 00 F3 0F 11 46 40) // should be unique
to
aobscanmodule(infinitebroomsprint,HogwartsLegacy.exe,BE CD A2 00 F3 0F 11 46 40) // should be unique

Casca2
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Casca2 »

jllllll wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:42 pm
For those just coming in and wanting to change talent points:
jllllll wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:00 am
Immediately after starting the game and loading a save, search for the string: Player0PerkPointsXX or Player0PerkPointsX
Replace X with your current number of talent points. Do not change the number of digits in your point total.
This has been the most consistent method for me.

I haven't verified this yet, but it seems that every time you spend or gain perk points an new entry matching the above is created. When starting the game fresh, there is only the one entry making the search easier.
Just to be clear. You absolutely can not change the number of digits in your talent point number! The game keeps track of how many digits there are and will only read the string to that point. If you have 9 talent points and change it to 15, then the game will only read that you have 1 point and ignore the 5. Keep in mind if you have 10 points, then you should change it to at least 11 before freezing the value. This is because once you spend a point the value will decrease to 9 before cheat engine tries to change it back to 10. The reason this is so finicky is because you are not just editing the game's memory. You are directly editing your save file! The game seems to keep and edit a save file in memory, presumably to autosave faster. You can open your save file in a hex editor and perform the same search as above with the same results. As a result, changing the number of digits in your talent points can and likely will corrupt your save eventually as others here have found out.
dunno why it's seems so hard for somes people to get it work tbh, i just make the scan, I only find one occurrence, I changed the value (15) to 99 and instantly got 99 points to spend as I want, I didn't need to freeze anything and my save isn't corrupted at all

SenseiSatan
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by SenseiSatan »

Okay I reread Jill's explanation again. And I was reading digits as the actual number for example 2, 3, 4 talent points. Not the number of numbers in sequence, like 99 is two digits and 9 is one digit.

So lets say if I have 3 talent points starting that I earned in game and I want to give my self a few points to complete the trees. All i need to do is find the correct address and stay within my correct digit, in my case its the single digit number 3. And freeze it. Correct? Then I can spend the points I need unfreeze the the address save and reload and I should be good? No save data issues? Also do need to get the number of talent points back to the number I started with(3)

My first run doing this was successful but once I was done the perk points stayed frozen even with save exit and reload. Any tips would be great. I got it changed and it was able to spend them but I only want to add the points we end up missing and then go on like I was leveling normally.

archilles89
Cheater
Cheater

Post by archilles89 »

I have mistaken multiply Mongrel Fur by a lot so now I have 999 of them in my inventory. I can't finish Professor Sharp's Potion class because he asks to bring Dark Mongrel Fur from his room. The quest cannot be completed because I suspect my inventory is maxed out on Mongrel Fur. Is there a way to fix this? I would hate to play it all over again, I've already unlocked most Floo points by walking. Please help.

jllllll
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by jllllll »

SenseiSatan wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:11 pm
Okay I reread Jill's explanation again. And I was reading digits as the actual number for example 2, 3, 4 talent points. Not the number of numbers in sequence, like 99 is two digits and 9 is one digit.

So lets say if I have 3 talent points starting that I earned in game and I want to give my self a few points to complete the trees. All i need to do is find the correct address and stay within my correct digit, in my case its the single digit number 3. And freeze it. Correct? Then I can spend the points I need unfreeze the the address save and reload and I should be good? No save data issues? Also do need to get the number of talent points back to the number I started with(3)

My first run doing this was successful but once I was done the perk points stayed frozen even with save exit and reload. Any tips would be great. I got it changed and it was able to spend them but I only want to add the points we end up missing and then go on like I was leveling normally.
The safest option would be to avoid freezing and just add points as you need them. The issue here is that you aren't just editing the game's memory, you are actually editing a save file that the game keeps in memory. This is why you need to keep the digit count the same. Changing the digit count will change the size of your save file creating an offset that prevents the game from reading the save correctly. Hopefully, a script will be created that modifies the code involved with reading and storing this data. This would prevent save corruption issues as you would no longer be directly modifying your save file.

eTheBlack
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by eTheBlack »

Akira wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 am
Why make table locked behind 7.5 if its not publicly available?

For others wondering same, it should be released soon on official site.

InHeartsWake
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by InHeartsWake »

eTheBlack wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:43 pm
Akira wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:12 am

Fortunately enough it still works on 7.4 if you follow what to do in the FAQ.

Akira
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by Akira »

eTheBlack wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:43 pm

Please read the given information first.
Download 7.4 from the CE site and it will install 7.5 (no clue why).
Also as mentioned in the FAQ you can remove the version check.

alurous
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by alurous »

What's a good number to put for the rare drops code? since it's in 1, I put 100 and it doesn't really give me much of a rare drop.