BattleTech [Engine:Unity]

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
Captain_Shrug
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Captain_Shrug »

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 44387, member: 12587"]The [I]DebugWidget[/I] ([B]Minus[/B] key) shows only outside of battle; the [I]Mech GUI[/I] ([B]Ctrl+Shift+Minus[/B]) shows only in-battle.

Check my registry settings below, mainly the two [I]last_debug_state[/I] DWORD values and their names:

Close game, create that [I]last_debug_state[/I] entry as [B]DWORD[/B] with value [B]1[/B]. Run game, close game. Second entry should be created as well now, just like in my screenshot (do an F5 in the Registry Editor to refresh pane).

I'm not running anything else; just launching game, loading save, getting to ship window and using Minus key. Latest (just updated) Steam version. All previous (older) versions should work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no luck, man. I've set up my registries identically. The only debug options I get at all are the control-tilde menus (four stages, each one more useless than the last.) Not even the "In mission" options. Any ideas?

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1
Last edited by Captain_Shrug on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

Did you do what I said in this order?

[LIST=1]

[*]Close game.

[*]Create [I]last_debug_state[/I] [B]DWORD[/B] in registry and set it to [B]1[/B].

[*]Open game, Continue Campaign; load a save; get to ship; go in a battle.

[*]Close game via its in-game menu (not Alt+F4) so it saves status.

[*]F5 in registry; do you see an additional [B]DWORD[/B] value called [I]last_debug_state_h176629417[/I] set to [B]1[/B] now?

[*]If 5.no, then manually create it; if 5.yes, then re-open game, go to ship screen and try [B]- key[/B] (not [B]Numpad -[/B]!!); [I]DebugWidget[/I] should appear.

[*]If 6.no, report.

[/LIST]

All of you who report this not working: are you using hijacked/edited Mono.dll libraries? I've seen your discussions about patching with dnSpy. Try the original DLL.

BR,

Sun
Last edited by SunBeam on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

quidproquo
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by quidproquo »

Been putzing around trying to figure out how to get the out of combat debug UI to to work. To summarize my findings, others (SB) may have other results.:

1) I can't enable out of combat debug UI in already made save games

2) using the method provided in [URL]https://fearlessrevolution.com/threads/battletech.6563/page-6#post-44347[/URL] you can create a new game in Debug mode. In this new game (mode), you can activate the UI debug mode out of combat, on the ship.

3) Side point: CTRL + ` button cycles through the console. I have no clue how to do stuff in that console.

I know it doesn't help people who are invested in their current save game, but it allows access to the more complex UI stuff. Maybe there is a way to convert your save into a debug game save ?

Also, a fair amount of the game can already be broken by editing the .json files - I'll post in a bit about all the edits I've made to break the game too.
Last edited by quidproquo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagikMurlok
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by MagikMurlok »

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 44387, member: 12587"]The [I]DebugWidget[/I] ([B]Minus[/B] key) shows only outside of battle; the [I]Mech GUI[/I] ([B]Ctrl+Shift+Minus[/B]) shows only in-battle.

Check my registry settings below, mainly the two [I]last_debug_state[/I] DWORD values and their names:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/gRamacP.png[/IMG]

Close game, create that [I]last_debug_state[/I] entry as [B]DWORD[/B] with value [B]1[/B]. Run game, close game. Second entry should be created as well now, just like in my screenshot (do an F5 in the Registry Editor to refresh pane).

I'm not running anything else; just launching game, loading save, getting to ship window and using Minus key. And every time I go into a mission, I receive a debug pop-up asking me if I wanna play or skip the mission :)

Latest (just updated) Steam version. All previous (older) versions should work just fine.

Happy reading:

[code]https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleTechMods/comments/8ep5gb/did_anyone_manage_to_enable_debug_mode

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battletechgame/comments/8f8wb4/psa_enable_debug_would_with_registry_key_always[/code]

(if you can't manage to do some simple insert/edits).

BR,

Sun[/QUOTE]

Copied exactly, still not appearing.

[automerge]1525308926[/automerge]

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 44391, member: 12587"]Did you do what I said in this order?

[LIST=1]

[*]Close game.

[*]Create [I]last_debug_state[/I] [B]DWORD[/B] in registry and set it to [B]1[/B].

[*]F5 in registry; do you see an additional [B]DWORD[/B] value called [I]last_debug_state_h176629417[/I] set to [B]1[/B] now?

[*]If 5.no, then manually create it; if 5.yes, then re-open game, go to ship screen and try [B]- key[/B] (not [B]Numpad -[/B]!!); [I]DebugWidget[/I] should appear.

[*]If 6.no, report.

[/LIST]

All of you who report this not working: are you using hijacked/edited Mono.dll libraries? I've seen your discussions about patching with dnSpy. Try the original DLL.

BR,

Sun[/QUOTE]

Copied all steps exactly, still not appearing. Only the in battle menu. And nope no modified files or anything to do with Mono.
Last edited by MagikMurlok on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fercyful
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Fercyful »

Hi SunBeam, did all that.

Registry is fine. Steam version. Win 7. Original DLL (with the +800MB update from today)

Pressed "- key" Still can't see the debug widget (while at dropship for change mechwarriors stats)

In game (while in battle) I see an FPS counter at the right side and the debug menu at the left (god mode, camera) Pressing Ctrl + Shift + - key.

The other menu is not working.

Really a mystery. Thanks!

Captain_Shrug
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Captain_Shrug »

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 44391, member: 12587"]Did you do what I said in this order?

[LIST=1]

[*]Close game.

[*]If 6.no, report.

[/LIST]

BR,

Sun[/QUOTE]

Re. 5: So the [I]last_debug_state_h176629417[/I] did not generate itself. I made a new one manually. Do I have to COMPLETE the battle or something?

Re. 6: Nope. No accessible menu. I'm using the stock game as given to me by Steam.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

The reason I moved the posts (and I will do so again) is to keep tables in Tables and other shit in Discussions. Like modding. I really don't care for your .json modifications or dnSpy file altering. Game is already boring.
Last edited by SunBeam on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ObamaLlama
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by ObamaLlama »

[QUOTE="SunBeam, post: 44411, member: 12587"]The reason I moved the posts (and I will do so again) is to keep tables in Tables and other shit in Discussions. Like modding. I really don't care for your .json modifications or dnSpy file altering. Game is already boring.[/QUOTE]

Hello, this is my first post here, and the reason I made an account is to specifically reply to this thread. I'm using the GOG version of the game, and, while the registry hack works to let you use the in-mission debug menu, you CANNOT use the debug menu while in the ship to alter your crew or mechs. This is, with my limited knowlege, because of these lines in SimGameState...

if (this.AllowDebug)

{

if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Minus) && !this.DebugWidget.gameObject.activeSelf)

{

this.DebugWidget.Show();

}

}

I'm guessing that for alot of people, for whatever reason, (me included) AllowDebug never gets updated, so whenever you try to access the debug menu with just minus, it won't open no matter what!!! However, if you change AllowDebug to testRun (what seems to be a useful always true), you'll be able to access the debug menu from within the ship by pressing the minus key (next to the delete key) like you should normally be able to do. While this probably won't help anyone who can't take the time, or can't learn how to use dnSpy to change this, or whatever else could be done to fix this, I hope it's at least able to help some people / explain this issue more clearly to you!! (because the issue here is not that people aren't hitting the minus key, or are hitting it with ctrl or shift while on the ship, it simply just doesn't work for whatever reason on the GOG release. Sorry if this is off topic for the thread or something, but the widget that you were able to pull up seemed SUPER useful, and it seems like a lot of people here weren't able to access it either.)
Last edited by ObamaLlama on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunBeam
Administration
Administration

Post by SunBeam »

I'll post an updated table this evening that allows you to set it/toggle it. I noticed with my save game that if I remove the registry DWORD, it still shows. Sure, console doesn't anymore, but the widget still works :)

EnterpriseNL
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by EnterpriseNL »

Strangely enough, the debugwidget only works in the steam version, tried everything, but still no Debugwidget on GOG version, hope the updated table will change that

Fercyful
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Fercyful »

Thanks for the news. New table is nice! The 1.2 stoped working with the steam game update from yesterday. Now just crash the game here.

gilren
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by gilren »

I don't see a new table, just the 1.2. Am I missing something?

Fercyful
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Fercyful »

[QUOTE="gilren, post: 44454, member: 16825"]I don't see a new table, just the 1.2. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Still no up. Later. Hope so :)

Skooter
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Skooter »

[QUOTE="ObamaLlama, post: 44428, member: 16896"]Hello, this is my first post here, and the reason I made an account is to specifically reply to this thread. I'm using the GOG version of the game, and, while the registry hack works to let you use the in-mission debug menu, you CANNOT use the debug menu while in the ship to alter your crew or mechs. This is, with my limited knowlege, because of these lines in SimGameState...

if (this.AllowDebug)

{

if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.Minus) && !this.DebugWidget.gameObject.activeSelf)

{

this.DebugWidget.Show();

}

}

I'm guessing that for alot of people, for whatever reason, (me included) AllowDebug never gets updated, so whenever you try to access the debug menu with just minus, it won't open no matter what!!! However, if you change AllowDebug to testRun (what seems to be a useful always true), you'll be able to access the debug menu from within the ship by pressing the minus key (next to the delete key) like you should normally be able to do. While this probably won't help anyone who can't take the time, or can't learn how to use dnSpy to change this, or whatever else could be done to fix this, I hope it's at least able to help some people / explain this issue more clearly to you!! (because the issue here is not that people aren't hitting the minus key, or are hitting it with ctrl or shift while on the ship, it simply just doesn't work for whatever reason on the GOG release. Sorry if this is off topic for the thread or something, but the widget that you were able to pull up seemed SUPER useful, and it seems like a lot of people here weren't able to access it either.)[/QUOTE]

SimGameState file doesn't exist. Can you be more specific? SimGameConstant isn't it, I checked. There are a ton of SimGameStat files, but those don't have that code either.
Last edited by Skooter on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ilikestuff
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by ilikestuff »

[QUOTE="Skooter, post: 44462, member: 16126"]SimGameState file doesn't exist. Can you be more specific? SimGameConstant isn't it, I checked. There are a ton of SimGameStat files, but those don't have that code either.[/QUOTE]

BATTLETECHBattleTech_DataManagedAssembly-CSharp.dll