Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Upload your cheat tables here (No requests)
ospider
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Re: Star Ocean: The Divine Force - v1.0 - Steam

Post by ospider »

Tuuuup! wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:23 pm
inf Free VA jumps. So you can jump again in mid air.

Thanks to this, game is now Ironman the Jrpg 😁

How to use this cheat table?
  1. Install Cheat Engine
  2. Double-click the .CT file in order to open it.
  3. Click the PC icon in Cheat Engine in order to select the game process.
  4. Keep the list.
  5. Activate the trainer options by checking boxes or setting values from 0 to 1

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:00 am
Item Limit has been immediately depreciated.
If you disable the code and you cannot pick up 20 items, please provide feedback.
Technical Details
Because I wanted to still be able to auto-sell items, there was a need to fool the game into thinking you had less items than you actually held. In my short-sighted approach, I only changed the check in the game to see if you had more than 19 items. Internally, this would allow you to pickup items you normally couldn't, but didn't change how many you actually held. So, even if the limit was 19, you were still holding 20. This is why (if anyone noticed) you had to pick up an extra item before the auto-sell would kick in. Since the auto-sell does another check to see if you have more than 20, it was not affected by the limiter....

...except for items that can't be auto-sold. Whoops.

This can cause some hidden items in the inventory that you cannot see. Potentially preventing you from picking up more. I briefly mentioned how I had extra weapons and armor beyond the cap in my inventory during testing, and that should have been a clue. I just assumed they were treated differently somehow (they are, but because they don't stack, you can see all the hidden gear).

In addition, I didn't have Item Creation at the time I wrote the code, and testing was only done on merchants. It just happened to work on chests and other things, so I assumed it would work in any instance items were added to your inventory.

I'm really sorry about that.
Because of this, "No Item Decrease" has been changed. It now has an extra option to prevent items from falling below a specified value (Default 10, you can change this value - also would like feedback if this default should be higher). If you have more than 10 items, it will use them. If you have 10 or less, it will not. Credit goes to Anon9 for creating this; I only modified it slightly.

A new table will be uploaded shortly.

Please stop using the Item Limiter and/or update to v1.11.
10 is a fairly good number, but it should be noted that some turn ins do require more. I would not go higher than 16. I think that for the most part though 10 is good enough for most situations.

(Can I jokingly say that I told you it would break?)

yunawong
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by yunawong »

hello, able to do something like a chests tracker? maybe for each map or something?

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

anon9 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:04 am
Yeah.....I deserved that.

I mean at the time I believe we were talking about being able to open chests. I was more focused on not implementing two cheats at once (no decrease and limit). I'm still not happy that they are together, but unless you want to do a challenge run, I don't think anyone is going to want Item Limit only without 'no item decrease'. So I guess it's better in the end.

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

asmoranomar wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:45 am
anon9 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:04 am
Yeah.....I deserved that.

I mean at the time I believe we were talking about being able to open chests. I was more focused on not implementing two cheats at once (no decrease and limit). I'm still not happy that they are together, but unless you want to do a challenge run, I don't think anyone is going to want Item Limit only without 'no item decrease'. So I guess it's better in the end.
You could still potentially redo the Item Limit to not have the issue, but you'd have to do some extra work for that.

You could always set it to have a max item and min item, so it won't go above max item and won't go below min item and have it so you can turn them off as desired. That is what my current version of the code kind of does. (Though I did it this way more because of what I wanted, it doesn't make as much sense for SO6 because there are two separate item functions).

(Basically, there is a switch to turn off each option (ie. if Min Item == 0, Skip min item function. If Max Item == 20, Skip max item function), so you can use just one, both, or you can temporarily disable them. Alternatively, I have script mods and actual switches.)

Here is a quick pseudocode (don't try to paste this into a table, if you need me to show you the answer, I'll show it, but I assume you want to work it out yourself):

Code: Select all

If SkipMin == True;
Then JMP to CheckMax;
Else;
If Qty < MinItem;
 Then Qty = MinItem;
 JMP to Resolution;
Else continue to CheckMax;
CheckMax:
If SkipMax == True;
Then JMP to section OriginalCode;
Else;
If Qty > MaxItem;
 Then Qty = MaxItem;
 JMP to selection Resolution;
Else continue to OriginalCode;
OriginalCode:
Qty = Qty - Consume; (or addition as the case may be)
Resolution:
Test Qty for negative;
Return to game code;
What this would look like in the case of the old script "No Item Decrease"

Code: Select all

sub [rdi+30],esi
  mov r14d,[rdi+30]
  cmp [booMinItem],01
  je @f
  cmp r14d,[varMinItem]
  jge @f
  mov r14d,[varMinItem]
  mov [rdi+30],r14d
  jmp ptrResolution
  ptrCheckMax: //This entire section is actually not needed for this script because
  //if you are subtracting, the Max doesn't matter unless you are subtracting just 1 item, but 
  //want the game to decrease it down to a set value.
  cmp [booMaxItem],01
  je @f
  cmp r14d,[varMaxItem]
  jle @f
  mov r14d,[varMaxItem]
  mov [rdi+30],r14d
  ptrResolution:
  test r14d,r14d
  jmp return

rolandgriswold
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by rolandgriswold »

Is there a way to remove the item cap and to make enemy's drop all there items 100% of the time

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

rolandgriswold wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:51 am
Is there a way to remove the item cap and to make enemy's drop all there items 100% of the time
Not without rewriting the entire drop function. I've gone into detail why a few times, but the short of it is this: Only one item can drop. Common items are rolled first, while the rare items are last. In order for a rare to drop, all other drops must fail.

You might point out that some scumbags can drop two blueberries. In cases like this, it appears that one blueberry is the common drop and two is the rare drop. You still technically only get one 'drop'.

Also, removing the item cap probably requires a rewrite of how inventory is handled. Prior to v1.11, I had an item limiter that inadvertently removed the item cap on some items as a side effect (ones that could not be auto sold). The problem is that the game still tracks how many items you hold and you can have hidden items in your inventory you'll never have access to. What is worse, if you turned this feature off, you may actually be unable to collect items. This is why it was removed.

anon9
Table Makers
Table Makers

Post by anon9 »

rolandgriswold wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:51 am
It is possible, but would require a lot of extra work. I doubt anyone wants to spend 100+ hours writing one script that only has minor benefits... Aside from people like me that do pointless things for experience. But unfortunately, I'm too busy to bother trying.

Basically, you'd need two scripts:

Script 1 would have to check each drop and if not 100%, roll at 100% until Qty > x.
If 100%, it will roll once.
Then once you hit the end of the sequence, it will increase the 'drop #' to check for the next drop and loop back to the start of the drop function. If drop rate = 0%, NaN, or otherwise null, end the sequence.

Script 2 would have to change the game's code so that the limit is greater than 20, but that kind of thing would make more sense as a DLL, mod, or other injectable.

If this sounds easy to anyone, it is... if you have the source code (even then, it could be difficult). Otherwise, how difficult it is depends on the state of the code. You could potentially end up scouring for weeks or months to try to find the right spots to change. It could take much less time if you activate the function that is supposed to have a high chance of crashing your computer, but I'm not crashing my computer 200 times just to activate a function that will break the moment a script in testing crashes the game. It could take much less time if you are familiar with the code or happen to be lucky and find what you are looking for.

Ragnarok Drakengard
Novice Cheater
Novice Cheater

Post by Ragnarok Drakengard »

Hmm. Is "Hit Multiplier" supposed to drop down to a multiplier box that lets you set the number you want for the multiplier? Because activating it does not do that for me like it does with the other multiplier cheats. It just enables, but that's it.

As you can see, no dropdown box for Hit Multiplier. Is that a mistake or is that how it's supposed to be? My hits don't see to be multiplied in battle despite it being enabled.

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

It will be fixed in the next version. Looks like I copied it over incorrectly. It should still work, you just can't change it's value. Default value is 2.

Edit: Assuming the script works (I'm sure it does). I obtained permission to use it, but I haven't actually tested it myself. You can dl the original here:
viewtopic.php?p=272601#p272601

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

I feel like I'm getting closer to solving the scanner. I have a generic understanding of what is going on and can change a variety of things between each section of code. I've tried exploring other options and they all seem to lead me to the same section of code. The only problem I have at the moment is that I can't figure out why the scanner cannot find things beyond the level 4 range. I don't see anything hard capped, but the last section of code is very winding.

At the moment, the best I can provide is an "Always Scan" feature. Normally, when you move, the scanner turns off. I have bypassed that function. It's a bit wonky to turn on and off (Enable then scan, Disable then move). There is a few issues:
[*]You lose the ability to scan until you turn the script off and move - Not a big deal since your always scanning.
[*]D.U.M.A. will never announce when anything is detected.
[*]Any loot detected will ping constantly until you pick it up or move out of range - kind of annoying.
[*]You lose the blue ring...oh wait...maybe that's not a bad thing...

Because I'm still actively working on the Scanner, It's going to remain under the Testing section. If you do use it, don't change anything else.
Details
Despite my warnings, the items below are generally safe to use - if not a little buggy/unexpected behavior with different combinations. Turning them off and restarting the game should fix things.

Base Range : Game stores a static range of 5000 that does not change. Scaling is performed off this value.

Scan Bonus: Any Bonuses to Scan are used here. Default starts at 1 (100%). Convert Percentages to decimal and add to the Default. For Example D.U.M.A lvl 4 is 2.5 (250%). Prefer to use this to modify the scan range.

Scan Distance: Since the Base Range is used for other things, this is where you can check your active distances. This section is read only. r^2 is important below.

Scan Check 1: Remember Pythagorean Theorem? Or the Circle Formula? This is what is going on here. The A and B values are squared and compared to your R squared value. If the distance is larger (Default when enabled), the asset being scanned is abandoned. Set to a lower number (0) to disable. Changed to a simple Enable/Disable in the next version.

Scan Check 2 : Absolute values. +Radius and -Radius is compared to distance. If the distance to the asset is larger (Default when enabled), the scan is abandoned. Set to a lower number (0) to disable. Changed to a simple Enable/Disable in the next version.

Scan Detected Handler: Once an asset is detected, this routine handles all the things that are related to the detection, such as the pings and map icons. Set to 0 will prevent any assets from being detected. Changed to a simple Enable/Disable in the next version.

For those of you interested in the assembly:

Some values are pushed to the stack. Be very careful about locking any values you find. I have a helper that I used to find code that writes/accesses under the scan distance, but it only works when you set brakes between the sections you expect the value to exist.

There are a few things in Scan Check 2 (not the script) I don't understand, the distance starts as 10,000 but then goes thru a complex call that causes a distance value to be returned. I don't know why, but I don't think it can be the maximum range since D.U.M.A lvl 4 is 12,500. It also doesn't seem to do anything if I change the value (the 10,000) before the call.

Scan Check 2 (First two calls related to distance(?), xmm6 is the value, third call loads radius, unsure what the final call is for):

The call in the Scan Detected Handler (not the script) is a crazy mess. I think it uses a lot of generic methods (possibly related to asset data), which causes any breaks within that section to be unrelated to what your actively searching for. I'm not really sure where to go on with this, but if you want to help this is where I'm in over my head. Scan Detected Handler:
Last edited by asmoranomar on Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:10 am, edited 14 times in total.

Nicokoei
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Nicokoei »

merci encore :)

Foomy
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Foomy »

Is it possible to get factor modifier pointer/script for equipments? ;w;

asmoranomar
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by asmoranomar »

Minor update today. I think I might take a break after this to actually play the game now.

If anyone is using the Always Scan option under the Testing section, you'll be happy to know that I modified the script to disable the scan as soon as you enter combat. No more annoying pings while fighting. You must activate the scan again after combat ends.

Also, if any devs want to to know the code that enables and disables combat you can see that there as well, it's pretty simple.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to remove the old Always Scan, so there is two. They are labeled correctly though so it shouldn't be a problem. The old one will be removed in the next update.

Edit2: Oh, right. I also added a Fast Scan option. I stumbled upon it while messing around and it just skips the scan animation and goes right to pinging.

furiousfist
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by furiousfist »

im seconding the request for factor modification or a way to keep used up equipment on synthesis attempts ("no item decrease" doesnt seem to work for this). Im losing my mind trying to find certain factors normally.