Ask about cheats/tables for single player games here
Lord Blade
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Re: REQ :Jagged Alliance 3 table

Post by Lord Blade »

Chapi wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:39 pm
This is why you should never change Lua.hpk or data.hpk. Make it as a Mod the Game will use it as an Override.

:roll:
Well, if I knew how, I would. But I'm no good at that sort of thing. :p

Chapi
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by Chapi »

This is an empty Example Mod use this.

Rename and replace the Change Me File/Filename to that one you want to load.

Also Change this to the Filename:

Inside items.lua

Code: Select all

'name', "Change Me",
	'CodeFileName', "Code/Change Me.lua",
and inside metadata.lua

"Code/Change Me.lua",
also change

'title', "Example Mod"
	'description', "Change Me",
	'author', "Change Me",
Place it inside "AppData\Roaming\Jagged Alliance 3\Mods" and activate it with the Mod Manager.

Example Mod.rar
PW: 123456
(810 Bytes) Downloaded 319 times

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

Lord Blade wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:49 pm
LoL wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:42 pm
update lil bit..

Starting Money 2,000,000
Merc Contract up to 360 Days
Increase from Merc hired Limit to 40
Gold perk cost 1 instead 3
Reduced tired from travel
*Normally you will get tired after you travel for 16 hours in the Satellite View, now 160 hours travel

i also edit so mines will never depleted, but not 100% sure this one work or not, if your game crash, just revert to my previous hpk
Spoiler
Tested on GoG version, might work with steam version too
Lua file, remember to backup your default lua 1st
Password: fearlessrevolution
[Link]
So, used your edit. Everything seemed to work great. Until I got into combat. At which point none of my units could move. No matter what I clicked, they were all just stuck. If I hit end turn, no enemies move, and the game just gets stuck.

EDIT:
So did a verify game files, and it replaced the file of yours (so not getting those cheats anymore) and everything works.
So it's something in your file that's stopping my units from moving. Not sure what though.

Frustrating, because the more mercs and longer contracts is what I really want.
maybe cuz the new steam update. have different lua.hpk files, mine still working well for me, i use gog version. If you want just upload your hpk file in some host. And mention what game version you at now, ill help edit the contract.
*edit try new steam lua version

Or some quick ways, you can always backup zip your lua files. Then use mine extend all merc contract. Exit game, And then restore back yours :D
Last edited by LoL on Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

Steam Lua v1.02.338408
Starting Money 2,000,000
third tier Perk (Gold) cost 1 instead 3
Reduce tired from travel
Mines never depleted
Please backup game save, & your original hpk file before using this. Use at your own risk
Spoiler
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
[Link]
Password : fearlessrevolution
Last edited by LoL on Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BouhPwet
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by BouhPwet »

Hello,

Trying to edit the savegame file directly to change perks for my IMP merc, but somehow, stat and perk changes don't apply...

ImageImage

As you can see above, the initial perks are still there (Psycho and not Scoundrel, and MeleeTraining instead of AutoWeapons). Also: Health, Agility etc. are also the initial values and not the adjusted ones. All other changes to the name, nickname do apply, but none of the changes to stats or perks are reflected in game.

I have scoured the save file, compared to a new save file, and couldn't find any other place where stats are saved :( No idea where else those could be saved or encoded ; even looked into decompressed account.dat to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

Updated:
decompiled Lua steam version 1.02.338408 untouch. If anyone need to find something can extract and find anything from any files inside directory

Spoiler
Link Password : fearlessrevolution
[Link]

Atros
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by Atros »

BouhPwet wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:32 am
Hello,

Trying to edit the savegame file directly to change perks for my IMP merc, but somehow, stat and perk changes don't apply...

ImageImage

As you can see above, the initial perks are still there (Psycho and not Scoundrel, and MeleeTraining instead of AutoWeapons). Also: Health, Agility etc. are also the initial values and not the adjusted ones. All other changes to the name, nickname do apply, but none of the changes to stats or perks are reflected in game.

I have scoured the save file, compared to a new save file, and couldn't find any other place where stats are saved :( No idea where else those could be saved or encoded ; even looked into decompressed account.dat to no avail.

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

Many thanks in advance.
How were you able to edit the saves? I tried to do simple edit (money) into the save file and immediately the game complained that the file was corrupted (there is probably some CRC check or other check-sum)?

Also trying to find the money with CE, I get two 4 byte values (after purchasing one merc and then doing the searches) and changing them does absolutely nothing.

I really don't get it why would the game makers have this much antipathy towards simple modding of games for their own preferences, making everything this hard and not even mentioning they could have done pretty perfect game redoing JA2 with modern graphics, improved UI and new setting, but instead they chose to do XCOM-NuCOM with mercs.

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

you dont need to edit the save files to get money. Just use mod, eg from this post viewtopic.php?p=304096#p304096
enable cheat and money will fall from the trees :D

I think JA3 is really good. Its not like xcom at all, there is stories, merc interaction is the way i like the most. unlike JA2 where your merc start talking only when they almost die lol, and what decision you made on this game have consequences/effect to the story.

some few things maybe need improvement. Like there is unbalanced with machine gun, i just set at entry point. Shot a gun and all enemy will keep running and die at same spot lol. Even with mission impossible difficulty. Hope they fixed and made smarter AI

But you can get mods. Some good mods you can try
* Mod: No _Flash_ enemies on MissionImpossible.
* and super hard to find enough scrap to fix or craft stuff, meds to heal, bullet to kill with hardest difficulty there is mod 2 for this, get mod : MoreAmmoX3, V3 Scraps and Meds
* Mod: ShowChanceToHit . % chances to hit
After latest game update even you have like 90% hit chances, it still missed. Awesome update :D
* Mod RRRetexture. Made your merc look better. Maybe AI generated
* Mod Merc Inventory Size
* Make IMP Great Again, create IMP with bunch of Perks. Stats also can be maxed.
* Mod evermine forever mining.

xXLashkeXx
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by xXLashkeXx »

Changelog:
Added: "Inf. PerkPoints" Mod
Update: "Jagged Alliance 3 All Perkslist UPDATE.txt"

viewtopic.php?p=304502#p304502

GarmaSword
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GarmaSword »

LoL wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:57 am
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
Starting Money 2,000,000
Reduce tired from travel
Mines never depleted
Please backup game save, & your original hpk file before using this. Use at your own risk
Spoiler
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
[Link]
Hello! using gog version and I'm having the same issue as Lord Blade, in combat i can't move my mercs if I use your Lua, but that is not the only issue, there are some visual glitches and at some point the game freezes, when I went back to the original Lua, all issues dissapeared, and it's a shame because options such as the long merc contract, the third tier perk cost and the reduce tired from travel are amazing options, and now I have to give up on them....

K1D27H
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by K1D27H »

@LoL Thank you very much for making the mod. I tried to search for the stats but they are now in float number. How can I search for them in cheatengine? Please advise.

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

GarmaSword wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:52 am
LoL wrote:
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
Starting Money 2,000,000
Reduce tired from travel
Mines never depleted
Spoiler
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
[Link]
Hello! using gog version and I'm having the same issue as Lord Blade, in combat i can't move my mercs if I use your Lua, but that is not the only issue, there are some visual glitches and at some point the game freezes, when I went back to the original Lua, all issues dissapeared, and it's a shame because options such as the long merc contract, the third tier perk cost and the reduce tired from travel are amazing options, and now I have to give up on them....
what gog version you have? have you try use this Steam Lua v1.02.338408 ? it should work and compatible with latest update.

LoL
Cheater
Cheater

Post by LoL »

K1D27H wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:45 am
@LoL Thank you very much for making the mod. I tried to search for the stats but they are now in float number. How can I search for them in cheatengine? Please advise.
I'm not the one making the mod lol. Wish i know how :D ,
i just edit the hpk files when i need something.

And I dont know what stats you trying to edit. But if you use this mod here to enable cheat menu viewtopic.php?p=304096#p304096 you can add 10 stats for your merk. Use the mod and enable cheat

Select merc you want to add stat before click add 10+ stat

with cheat engine, i never find out how to edit and change stats directly. But, it work with items.
So other long way you can try hoard some magazine ingame And then later you just use CE to multiply them as they can boost your merc stats after reading it.

Here some example work for part, meds, bullet. ill use images so easier for you to understand
1) split part to different random size
2) im going to pick that 24 part for start. Go to Cheat engine. First scan 24 (2 bytes ) fast scan option 2. You will see bunch result...
3) ingame drag drop some other part into that 24 part so it will increase insize.
right now after merge with other part it become 42. Back to CE and in search value change into 42 and click "NEXT SCAN"
You will get less result now.
Repeat step, keep merging and add value and click next scan. Till you see 1 left just like this
4) In CE Change value to something like 10000, Done.. Your part already changed. Just drag drop that part to other slot and you will see the result

GarmaSword
Cheater
Cheater

Post by GarmaSword »

LoL wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:10 am
GarmaSword wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:52 am
LoL wrote:
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
Starting Money 2,000,000
Reduce tired from travel
Mines never depleted
Spoiler
Steam Lua v1.02.338408
[Link]
what gog version you have? have you try use this Steam Lua v1.02.338408 ? it should work and compatible with latest update.
That is exactly the version that I was using...and funny, this didn't happen with the previous versions, I've have been using your Lua since the first release and never had a problem, but your latest version completely breaks the game

shearerc
Cheater
Cheater

Post by shearerc »

LoL wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:58 am
2) im going to pick that 24 part for start. Go to Cheat engine. First scan 24 (2 bytes ) fast scan option 2. You will see bunch result...
So basically:
Money - 4 bytes (unaligned)
Parts/Meds/Bullet - 2 bytes (unaligned)

This correct?