Trying to get a dump of Halo Infinite Campaign's to look at Havok Script machinery

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
jakenotthemuss
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Trying to get a dump of Halo Infinite Campaign's to look at Havok Script machinery

Post by jakenotthemuss »

Halo Infinite uses a modified version of Havok Script which the developers made in-house, which can be seen in their Lua sources and the bytecode format. I ran into trouble trying to get a correct dumped PE of the game. When I loaded the dump which I got using Scylla into Ghidra, I found all the Havok Script strings that should be there. But most of them are not being referenced anywhere. Any advice is appreciated. Or if anyone has a dump of the game, old or new, that I can take a look at. Thanks.

Why I'm interested in this: I have been researching numerous games that use Havok Script in an effort to understand and document the different versions of Havok Script that exist, including modified versions by individual game developers (such as Treyarch with Black Ops 2, IW with COD Ghosts, FromSoftware with Dark Souls 3, and Bungie with Halo Infinite). Halo Infinite was a game that I paid no attention to until one day I was curious and decided to skim through some Lua sources from a pre-release version of the game, where I noticed that the Lua code was using Havok Script syntax, namely 'hstructure' and 'hmake', which was interesting, but even more interesting was that it was using additional syntax that doesn't exist in either Lua or Havok Script. So I decided to look into this, but first I needed a dump of Infinite. And that brings us back up to speed.

STN
Founder
Founder

Re: Trying to get a dump of Halo Infinite Campaign's to look at Havok Script machinery

Post by STN »

That’s cool man but why would you post this in tables section? Perhaps that’s why you’re having such a hard time since you can’t read so good

Even before that during the registration process you are guided several times how to post and where.

Moved to appropriate section.