Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League - Finding Pointers

Memory scanning, code injection, debugger internals and other gamemodding related discussion
kaylenpearce
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League - Finding Pointers

Post by kaylenpearce »

Just a quick intro,
Have been on the forums reading a lot for a couple years now. Learned a lot of stuff from STN, SunBeam, and A LOT of youtube lol
My first post, try to figure things out on my own so im not the dude asking "Can update? It not work no more"
We all seen those guys on here
But anyway

The 2nd Skill Tree in this game is very similar to Borderlands 2 & 3 where you can have points OVER the max per node.

Example in Suicide Squad:
Shotgun Damage - 0/40
Critical Hit Chance - 0/40
SMG Ammo Reserves - 0/20

Trying to find Pointers so I can make it surpass 40.
Yes, I know we can simply dump points into the “Damage” node. But for specific skill nodes like “Grenade Drop Chance”.
Would like to max those for obvious reasons

Have been trying things out and had the best luck finding pointers in the Squad Skill Tree nodes have been through "Byte" type values. But none of them have been stable after closing the game.

Using Byte, 2 Byte, or 4 Byte to edit the node from 0/40 points invested to OVER 40 points is a temporary change and will reset when you hit a loading screen. Also, if you change the values just from the Address List instead of using the Pointer method, it will revert after leaving the Skill Tree menu.

Why I've been trying to find the Pointers to ensure those values stick after closing the game. Or, easily editing the values back to how I want after closing or hitting a loading screen

Example:
0/40 - Critical Hit Chance
you changed values after finding them via Byte, 2 Byte, or 4 Byte search
9999/40 - Critical Hit Chance
^ The skill point value invested in the node will only change after investing another point into the node (need to freeze skill point value first or total skill points go negative) Again, changing the nodes using the Address List after finding values with the search is TEMPORARY.

I've searched what accessed that address, edited values in memory viewer, generated pointermaps, compared pointermap results with other addresses ive collected using the same node.

Its clear im missing a huge or small step and its going to be painfully obvious to many people here.
First game to give me trouble for this long, have a little over 1k hours logged on steam lol

Any help/suggestions are appreciated 🚀

kaylenpearce
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Re: Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League - Finding Pointers

Post by kaylenpearce »

Spent a few days jumping around to different games finding pointers and writing down the steps I used.
On the 2nd game, I noticed the lack of "offsets".

As I made pointers, there were always an offset to distinguish it after comparing the Pointer Maps.
And I admit to not being adept enough to read all the compilations to sort it differently.

Seems I just have to educate myself on how to find pointers without offsets.
Maybe a deeper understanding of C++? Idk but will post again if any progress is made