CoUsT
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

[REQUEST] Enshrouded

Post by CoUsT »

Game Name: Enshrouded
Game Engine: custom proprietary voxel-engine
Game Version: build version 445732
Options Required: Remaining time lock/reset OR save decoding/encoding (so you can edit remaining time value) OR replace hardcoded "8 hours" demo time value to something like 99999 hours directly in binary (not sure if possible? probably)
Steam Website:
Other Info:

The demo is limited by 8 hours of playtime PER world.

I tried to do many things but I'm not an expert. Here are my findings:

- 8 hours time limit is PER world, so you can keep your character and create new world.
- The game encodes world file and character file. The files start with "KSC1" (indicating Keen Save-something encoding? Keen is the name of the developer).
- The game has a dev that previously worked in anti-cheat industry. The game crashes either instantly or after few seconds when you do "Find out what accesses this variable" in CE
- You can attach x64dbg to the game with ScyllaHide. Checking threads reveals that there is one thread called "SaveData" and breakpoint at the thread entry fires when you go back to menu. Letting the breakpoint run creates save files for world and character at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<numbers>\<numbers>\remote" but repeatedly going into world and back to main menu doesn't seem to always catch the breakpoint... The SaveData thread is also responsible for analytics (enshrouded-analytics.keengames.com) afaik.
- Game stats are mostly 4-byte values, for example Stamina is 4-byte that caps at 100 (150 near the fire around starting location when you have rested buff). If you are going to approach the game, the first and easiest thing would be to search 4-byte value 100 then sprint until stamina depletes and scan for decreased value then let it regen to full then scan 100 again.
- String search reveals some interesting names, just search for "time" and for "demo" and you will find plenty of things like demo remaining time etc.
- I was unable to find out the remaining time value in CE. No idea how they store the timer value.

Tales
Noobzor
Noobzor

Re: [REQUEST] Enshrouded

Post by Tales »

anyone managed to increase or freeze this 8 hour time?

Sorien
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sorien »

CoUsT wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:14 pm
Game Name: Enshrouded
Game Engine: custom proprietary voxel-engine
Game Version: build version 445732
Options Required: Remaining time lock/reset OR save decoding/encoding (so you can edit remaining time value) OR replace hardcoded "8 hours" demo time value to something like 99999 hours directly in binary (not sure if possible? probably)

- The game encodes world file and character file. The files start with "KSC1" (indicating Keen Save-something encoding? Keen is the name of the developer).
- The game has a dev that previously worked in anti-cheat industry. The game crashes either instantly or after few seconds when you do "Find out what accesses this variable" in CE
- You can attach x64dbg to the game with ScyllaHide. Checking threads reveals that there is one thread called "SaveData" and breakpoint at the thread entry fires when you go back to menu. Letting the breakpoint run creates save files for world and character at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<numbers>\<numbers>\remote" but repeatedly going into world and back to main menu doesn't seem to always catch the breakpoint... The SaveData thread is also responsible for analytics (enshrouded-analytics.keengames.com) afaik.
- Game stats are mostly 4-byte values, for example Stamina is 4-byte that caps at 100 (150 near the fire around starting location when you have rested buff). If you are going to approach the game, the first and easiest thing would be to search 4-byte value 100 then sprint until stamina depletes and scan for decreased value then let it regen to full then scan 100 again.
- String search reveals some interesting names, just search for "time" and for "demo" and you will find plenty of things like demo remaining time etc.
- I was unable to find out the remaining time value in CE. No idea how they store the timer value.
You're overthinking it. The main thing you want to do is just change this "JE" to "JMP" to disable the timer and the timer display.

Then there's the "update" code that also writes to the timer, though I don't think it's needed as the timer check is in the above function you just disabled. I'll let you find that if you wanna do it manually but here's an unwrapped already modded version:

[Link]

I should also mention this is for build 447825.

Jormundgardr
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Jormundgardr »

Oh my god thank you so much Sorien! I have been visiting this post everyday since the original post just waiting for someone like you!
For anyone wondering what to do with the files, just drop them into your main game directory.

chuvakoff
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by chuvakoff »

Thank you so much Sorien!

imjustmaxie
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by imjustmaxie »

Supplement table:

- Disable Demo Timer
- Max Demo Timer

In case anyone's lazy enough to make one.
Attachments
enshrouded.CT
Table Version 0.1
(22.95 KiB) Downloaded 748 times

MrHakkuh
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by MrHakkuh »

You're my hero dude!

Sorien
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sorien »

Here's another one with the "Demo Area Out-of-bounds" disabled. I saw item spawns, etc. but not monsters past the out-of-bounds barrier so it's mostly for exploring if ya want.

Pre-made Version: [Link]

Manual stuff, NOP the highlighted code:

anodarai
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by anodarai »

Unfortunately, disabling out-of-bounds also seems to disable building, game claims you're not in the range of the altar.
With the bounds enabled, the same message is displayed when you try to use pickaxe out-of-bounds, so those two things are possibly related.

rogerhnn
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by rogerhnn »

Sorien wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Here's another one with the "Demo Area Out-of-bounds" disabled. I saw item spawns, etc. but not monsters past the out-of-bounds barrier so it's mostly for exploring if ya want.

Pre-made Version: [Link]

Manual stuff, NOP the highlighted code:
Hello, thank you for this!
I had a blast exploring the out of bounds area.
Can you make a version without the demo timer only? I ask because I don't have a lot of time to play, and I believe I won't be able to explore the whole demo area before they remove the demo.
I noticed if you move outside of the bounds, you can't craft anything anymore, only if you reload the game going to the main menu.

Also I want to learn how you edit stuff like that, what tools do you use to find the specific address to patch?

Thanks again

tslice
Noobzor
Noobzor

Post by tslice »

imjustmaxie wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:47 am
Supplement table:

- Disable Demo Timer
- Max Demo Timer

Appear to be visual change only? I may be wrong.

PronKill
Expert Cheater
Expert Cheater

Post by PronKill »

tslice wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:30 am
imjustmaxie wrote:
Supplement table:

- Disable Demo Timer
- Max Demo Timer

What do you mean by "I may be wrong"? You can literally test it.

Sorien
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Sorien »

rogerhnn wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:14 am
Hello, thank you for this!
I had a blast exploring the out of bounds area.
Can you make a version without the demo timer only? I ask because I don't have a lot of time to play, and I believe I won't be able to explore the whole demo area before they remove the demo.
I noticed if you move outside of the bounds, you can't craft anything anymore, only if you reload the game going to the main menu.

Also I want to learn how you edit stuff like that, what tools do you use to find the specific address to patch?

Thanks again
Heyo, the version above the no bounds one has just the timer disabled.. this one: [Link]

The out of bounds one was just for messing around. :x

As for tools... you can start with x64dbg and Ollydbg for debuggers. There's other tools like Cheat Engine that'll help but the debuggers are the most important when dealing with code stuff.

Crazyloon
What is cheating?
What is cheating?

Post by Crazyloon »

PronKill wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:48 pm
tslice wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:30 am
imjustmaxie wrote:
Supplement table:

- Disable Demo Timer
- Max Demo Timer

What do you mean by "I may be wrong"? You can literally test it.
This does not stop the timer, nor reset it. It removes the check for the timer reaching 0, but the timer is still running in the background. You can see this by using "Disable Demo Timer" or "Max Demo Timer" and letting the timer run to 0. If you enable the timer again after it reaches 0 you will still get a game end screen.

I just tested this and can confirm the game end screen shows up. This is still great for playing past the 8 hour limit, but ideally we would be able to reset the time, or set it to a larger value and save the game with that new value